Mark Mattaini Student Engagement Award
Number of awards each year: 1-2 (depending on available funds)
Deadline: March 1 of each year
Applicants will be notified of results by April 15th of each year.
1) must be a current BFSR student member;
To be completed through the BFSR website
1) Complete application with basic questions (education status, area of study, advisor/mentor);
2) Submit an abstract of a completed paper (unpublished, not submitted for publication), or formal proposal for a paper including an estimated timeline for completion. Submissions should follow the publication guidelines for Behavior and Social Issues.
The awardee must commit to at least one of the following:
- Submit a completed paper to BSI as a “Student Spotlight” article. Awardee will be given the opportunity to be paired with a mentor from BFSR or BSI to prepare the manuscript for submission, or the student may work with their own advisor or mentor.
- Present their work as part of a symposium organized by BFSR at the following ABAI Annual Convention.
- Participate in the development of a poster highlighting the work of BFSR members at the ABAI Annual Convention.
The awardee (and their advisor/mentor, if applicable) should plan on attending the BFSR Business Meeting at the ABAI Annual Convention to be recognized for their award.
To apply for this award, please click this link.